This is a great time to adopt a shelter cat or two! The first wave of Kitten Season has already hit in a lot of places, which means shelters are filling up with kittens, leaving little or no room, especially for adult cats. Many rescue groups are waiving or reducing fees for adopting cats this month. When you adopt you save a life and make room for another cat to have a chance.
Check out the links below to help in your decision and to learn how to make an adoption go smoothly:
- Please consider adopting adult cats—there are a ton of reasons why they make wonderful pets!
- What to consider before you adopt and the things you’ll need.
- Two cats can be better than one!
- Prepare for your new furred family members.
- Bringing your new cat home. More good tips on bringing home your new cat.
- Learn how to introduce two cats. More advice on introducing cats. And even more advice on introducing your new cat to other cats.
- Learn how to introduce your new cat to your resident dog. More good advice on introducing your new cat to your dog.
- Allergies? Check out the podcast about living with allergies & pets. And the ASPCA has a list of tips.