Nestle Purina is recalling cat food due to possible salmonella contamination.
The products included are:
- Cat Chow Naturals Dry Cat Food, 6.3 lb., Best by AUG 2012, Production Code 10331083 13 , UPC 17800 11320
- Friskies Grillers Blend Dry Cat Food, 3.15 lb., Best by AUG 2012, Production Code 10381083 06, UPC 50000 08450
- Friskies Grillers Blend Dry Cat Food, 16 lb., Best by AUG 2012, Production Code 10381083 06, UPC 50000 57578
For a refund, call 1-800-982-6559 weekdays 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time, or visit www.purina.com.
What you need to know about Salmonella
Salmonella can cause serious illness in cats and dogs and cross-contamination to humans is possible resulting in serious illness.
- Here is good information on the symptoms & treatment of salmonellosis in dogs & cats.
- The FDA has information on safe pet food handling to prevent food born illnesses like salmonella.
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has a very informative page on salmonellosis in humans.