Friday Fun is early this week. And it’s for all of you who been in the heatwave this summer, which is pretty much everyone except the Pacific NW it seems.
The Jones Natural Chews Co company is recalling pig ears due to salmonella contamination. Please note that the pig ears are sold under a few different names—Jones Natural Chews, Blain’s Farm & Fleet, & Country Butcher Dog Chews. So far, there’s no info. on the company’s website. Boo! The recall is due to tests preformed by the Washington State Dept. of Agriculture.
These are the products included in the recall:
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears 2pk bag with header card —item upc 741956001047, lot 2420
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears bulk 100ct box —box upc 741956001139, lot 2490, 2560, 2630, 2700, 2840, 2910, 2980
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears bulk 50 ct box —box upc 741956001504, lot 2490, 2840
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears bulk 25ct box —box upc 741956001467, lot 2700
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears 1pk shrinkwrapped —item upc 741956001146, lot 2700, 2840, 2420
- Jones Natural Chews Co Pig Ears 10pk printed bag—item upc 741956001405, lot 2420, 2560, 2630, 2840
- Blain’s Farm & Fleet Pig Ears 10 pieces bag—item upc 741956001405, lot 2560
- Country Butcher Dog Chews Pig Ears 1pk shrinkwrapped —item upc 741956001511, lot 2630
- Country Butcher Dog Chews Pig Ears 1pk shrinkwrapped —item upc 741956001146, lot 2420
- Country Butcher Dog Chews Pig Ears 12pk bag —item upc 741956001245, lot 2910
What you need to know about Salmonella
Salmonella can cause serious illness in cats and dogs and cross-contamination to humans is possible resulting in serious illness.
- Here is good information on the symptoms & treatment of salmonellosis in dogs & cats.
- The FDA has information on safe pet food handling to prevent food born illnesses like salmonella.
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has a very informative page on salmonellosis in humans.