Either this little dude is a complete goober or he’s brilliant!
Natura Pet has expanded their March 18th recall due to salmonella contamination to include ALL dry products (treats, and foods for ferrets, cats, kittens, puppies, & dogs) with an expiration date on or before March 24, 2014 for the following brands:
- California Natural
The treats being recalled are:
- Innova Cat Treats
- EVO Wild Cravings
- Turkey & Chicken Formula Cat Treats
- Herring & Salmon Formula Cat Treats
- Weight Management Cat Treats
- Herring Formula Dog Treats
- Red Meat Formula Dog Treats
- Turkey & Chicken Formula Dog Treats
- Weight Management Dog Treats
Salmonella can cause serious illness in cats and dogs and cross-contamination to humans is possible resulting in serious illness.
- Here is good information on the symptoms & treatment of salmonellosis in dogs & cats.
- The FDA has information on safe pet food handling to prevent food born illnesses like salmonella.
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has a very informative page on salmonellosis in humans.
The salmonella contamination was found by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and the Georgia Department of Agriculture. The affected products are sold online, through veterinary clinics and pet retailers in the U.S. and in Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and Costa Rica.
photo of “Ninja” by joshDubya
A new study shows we have bacteria on & in us that comes from our dogs. Specifically, from their tongues and paws. That may not be all that surprising, but what is surprising is that parents tested actually share more bacteria with the family dog than with their human children. This isn’t necessarily harmful. In fact, some studies link childhood exposure to pets with fewer allergies & better immune systems in adulthood.
What a sweet daddy! Sonny, the French Bulldog, is too stinkin’ cute for words. What good manners he has with his babies—play bows all over the place!