Both dog foods are being recalled due to unacceptable levels of aflatoxin. Learn more about aflatoxin and aflatoxin toxicosis. Possible signs your pet has been affected include: lethargy, weakness, loss of appetite, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or black-tarry stool, yellow mucous membranes and possibly seizures.
Therese over at PetSitUSA learned that the food being recalled by Arrowbrand was also made by Cargill at the same plant where the previously recalled Marksman and River Run were manufactured. The affected products are:
- ARROWBRAND 21% Dog Chunks SKU #807 40 lb. bag
- ARROWBRAND Super Proeaux Dog Food SKU #812 40 lb. bag
- ARROWBRAND Professional Formula Dog Food SKU #814 50 lb. bag
The recall only applies to the above products with the following Packaging Date Codes 4K0335 to 4K1335. Return product to place of purchase for a refund and for more information, call 800-256-2769 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
PetSitUSA also notes that Cargill manufactures these brands of pet foods:
- Sportman’s Choice®
- DOG POWER ADULT MAINTENANCE FORMULA 21-12 Dog Food, 50 pound bags
- DOG POWER HUNTERS FORMULA 27-14 Dog Food, 50 pound bags
- DOG POWER HI-PRO PERFORMANCE FORMULA 26-18 Dog Food, 50 pound bags
The recall only applies to the above products manufactured between Jan. 4, 2011, and Nov. 18, 2011. with the following Packaging Date Codes (lot numbers): K0004 through K1322.
Return product to place of purchase for a refund and for more information call 866-648-7646.