I’ve been looking for a good dog walking bag for a long, long time. I wanted a bunch of things from it and nothing measured up, until I found the Hound Bag. This bag was designed by a dog owner who wanted something better and she did a good job.
- a bag that could hold a fair bit and still be organized & easy to access
- a comfortable, adjustable shoulder strap
- able to hold a water bottle
- a bag that is longer than it is wide, so it sits still when we’re walking quickly
- made of material that will stand up to wet, soggy weather & stay looking decent
The Hound Bag does all that and more. It’s quite a cleverly designed bag.
- the strap is wide enough to not dig into my shoulder & long enough you can loop it to carry the bag like a knapsack
- the strap doubles as an extra leash, which is great if you’re like me & are constantly finding loose dogs
- the strap has a very reflective stripe on it for safety (I wear the strap across my chest, so I’m visible front & back)
- 1 little pocket on the front works as a poop bag dispenser
- the other little pocket is perfect for training treats
- there’s another pocket for your phone
- a strap for your keys or clicker
- the drink holder can be used to carry a compact umbrella—very handy in the winter here
- there’s a loop to hold a Chuck-It
- the bag has an interior, sealable pocket to hold a bag of dog poop so you don’t have to hold it in your hand (This might work for some people, but I find I don’t use it. The opening is a little small for a larger dog and I tend to forget things that are out of sight, which means I have left bags of poop in my Hound Bag. That can be a rude surprise to find at a later date.)
- the bag has 2 large pockets & a 1/2-size pocket with places for pens
I’m very happy with the bag. It looks great, dirt just brushes off, and I have no problem using it when I run errands. I can put a buttload of things in it, even though it’s not a huge bag—wallet, camera, phone, calendar, checkbook, poop bags, chapstick, kleenex, headlamp (for finding poop in the dark), gloves, sunglasses, keys, hand sanitizer, & gum. It’s also nice to support a small company like Hound Bag. It’s great to deal with a real person who cares about their product and I received excellent customer service when I ordered my bag. They come in a number of different colors and there’s even a smaller version available. If you need a good dog walking bag, check them out!