We can do more than just Reduce, Reuse, Recycle—we can help the environment and ourselves by “upcycling” things we can no longer reuse. Plastic grocery bags with too many holes become crinkly stuffing for cat toys. A sad, old pillow is transformed into a pet bed. A funky, old candy dish on a pedestal becomes a fancy, raised water bowl. Try using your imagination before you go out to buy new things for your pets. You might already have something around the house that will work as well or better than something new. Save money, help save the planet!
Some of my favorite DIY projects that Rethink, Repurpose, Recraft!
Beds & Furniture:
- Old suitcase transformed into fantastic pet bed
- Make a pet bed from old sweater
- Boring old cardboard becomes clever cat chaise
- Recover scratching post with new sisal instead of buying a new one
- Old trashcan becomes waste digester like Doggie Dooley or Staywell EcoClean
- Turn a plastic bin into awesome litter box