- Michael Vick is going to serve the rest of his sentence under house arrest.
- 1 in 3 smokers would willingly quit for their dog’s wellbeing.
- Obituaries are beginning to list pets as survivors of the deceased.
- Red Cross uses therapy dogs for relatives of plane crash victims of the Continental Connection flight that crashed outside Buffalo and also for emergency responders, morgue employees, and hospital employees.
- The woman (Holly Crawford) who was arrested for piercing kittens ears & necks and causing their tails to fall off so she could sell them as “goth” kittens, will be going to trial.
I don’t even know what to say about this story—the mind just reels. This started when a man in one state noticed kittens in another state with piercings in their ears, neck, & tail were being sold as “goth” kittens on eBay. This compassionate man drove to Pennsylvania, saw the kittens at the woman’s home, and then called the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Luzerne County.
Humane officers and state police found three kittens with piercings, an adult cat, and a dog who also had pierced ears. I hope authorities look into the welfare of the child living there. Other than swearing, I’m pretty much speechless. I do not understand how anyone would think this was ok.
The ad also ran on a pets classified ad site. It looks like she docked their tails too.
Unfortunately, Pennsylvania only rates average when it comes to their state laws concerning animal protection. How does your state rate?