I love Valentines—so pretty! Here are a bunch of DIY Valentine’s Day projects for you to make for the pups you love. Just add a squeaker or mylar, if your dog likes crinkly toys. All of these patterns are free. Be nice and don’t use patterns to make things to sell if the author asks you not to. These people have been really generous in providing all these patterns, so consider supporting them if they have etsy shops, stores, books, or patterns for sale.
- knitted winged heart tattoo
- crocheted heart tug toy (pics are gone, but instructions are there)
- knitted anatomically correct heart
- crocheted anatomical heart
- no-sew tug toy with loop–use pink, red, or heart patterned fleece.
- sewn a candy heart—one that said “Bite Me” would be fun!
- 4″ knitted heart
- 5″ crocheted heart
- knitted fuzzy heart
- knitted cupcake
- knitted candy heart
- sewn heart-shaped dog bed—enlarge a heart template to the right size for a bed for your dog, sew according to the instructions, & stuff with appropriate filling such as a foam layer with batting layered on top.
How cute are these?! Here are heaps & heaps of Valentine’s Day DIY projects for your cat. Be sure to add some catnip to their stuffing. All of these patterns are free. But don’t be a tool and use patterns to make things to sell if the author asks you not to. And please support the people providing all these patterns if they have etsy shops, stores, books, or patterns for sale. These people totally rock for providing these patterns for free!
- knitted & felted hearts
- more knitted & felted hearts also available in German and French
- crocheted heart
- hand-sewn felt hearts
- crocheted cupcake (I would leave off the beads)
- hand-sewn felt cupcake (I would avoid using glue and sew everything, if you do use glue make sure it’s non-toxic)
- knitted cupcakes
- knitted chocolates
- crocheted chocolates
- hand-sewn felt chocolates & heart box
- knitted strawberries
- crocheted strawberries
- hand-sewn felt strawberries
- crocheted rose with leaves
- knitted rose with leaves
Today I have patterns for two different Valentine’s Day sweaters you can knit for your pup or a friend’s. If you have a larger or smaller dog than these patterns will work for, check out this dog sweater calculator to resize them. You can also use any pattern for a larger or smaller sweater and just add the designs to your own pattern.
I. The hearts & bones sweater has a cute motif and has knitted straps to keep the sweater in place.
II. This sweater has a heart with a bone shot through it and some crocheted trim. (for more patterns by this designer for purchase, check out Kay’s shop on etsy MySavannahCottage)